Boundary Review Overview
Starting in summer 2021, Centennial School District began a comprehensive review of all school attendance areas in our district. We expect this review to conclude in spring 2022.
The goal of the boundary review and 6th grade reconfiguration is to provide age-appropriate programming and ensure continuity with neighboring districts so we can ensure every student has what they need to learn and thrive.
• Currently, Centennial School District has unbalanced enrollment throughout elem. schools and the middle school in the district, leading to the initiation of this boundary review process.
• There is a need to balance K-5 enrollment within physical capacity of the school buildings district-wide.
• Also, there is development on the south end of the district that will impact enrollment.
• The boundary review process will inform and support the conversion to six K-5 grade elementary schools and two 6-8 grade middle schools with the conversion of Oliver Elementary to a middle school starting in the 2022–23 school year.
Other related details:
• Centennial School District currently serves approximately 6,000 K-12 students across seven K-6 grade elementary schools, one 7-8 grade middle school, and one 9-12 grade high school.
• The conversion of Oliver Elementary back into a middle school is part of the 2020 Bond approved by voters in May of 2020 and includes library, science, locker rooms, and career technical improvements to the building.
• No grade reconfiguration or boundary changes are proposed for the high school.
A community survey collecting our community’s ideas about the important topics to consider for the boundary review process was open from July 23, 2021 to Friday, September 10, 2021. This survey was available in English, Spanish and Russian. Thanks to all who participated!
Throughout the Boundary Review process, we will keep our school communities informed and involved so that you can understand and provide feedback on potential changes. Following this survey, we will be sharing process updates on our website and communication materials, holding virtual community meetings, and convening a Boundary Review Committee to review community input and analyze potential boundary review scenarios. If you’re interested in participating on the Boundary Review Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your child’s school.
Before next spring, the Superintendent will receive proposed adjustments to our school attendance areas from a Boundary Review Committee and bring a recommendation forward to the School Board for their
How the Boundary Review process will work
Centennial School District has partnered with FLO Analytics, a local consulting company that specializes in data-driven boundary review services. Together, we plan to analyze population forecasts, enrollment projections and land use trends over the next few months. In the fall of 2021, a Boundary Review Committee will convene to analyze boundary options, receive community feedback on those options, and develop a final recommendation to the Superintendent. The Superintendent will then vet the recommendation and bring forth a proposal to the School Board for approval.
We need to hear from you. We will share information, host community meetings and conduct surveys to ensure our families are well informed throughout the process and have multiple opportunities to engage. Our goal is to develop a comprehensive plan that promotes optimal learning environments and ensures equitable opportunities for every student we serve.
What is Happening Now
We are asking our communities throughout the district to share their input in a survey to help us develop guiding principles that inform the boundary review process. (Link Survey will be provided here shortly. Please check back soon.)
- Gather community input
- Complete data analysis
- Develop guiding principles
- Draft initial scenarios
- Convene Boundary Review Committee
- Build committee understanding
- Discuss and revise scenarios
- Update and receive guidance from Board members
- Conduct community engagement
- Report community feedback
- Identify final boundary recommendation
- Board reviews and approves recommendation
- Implement recommendation
Questions or comments?